Top 17 Gadgets of the 90s
17 – The F-91W Casio watch, the one watch everyone had! It was cheap, reliable and made your hand smell of sweat! So popular it started to trend back into fashion last year.
16 . The BBC Computer with its clunky keyboard and as much processing power as today’s average watch.
15 . The Nintendo SNES – Famous for its Donkey kong games and Mario world series, a clunky thing with cartridges for games.
14 – The Etch-a-Sketch, This clever toy allowed you draw your own pictures using the dials and is still around today.
13. The old analogue rotating dialer, could sometimes take you 1-2 minutes to dial a number when you made a mistake, and with its loud annoying ring it never went un-noticed.
10. The Nokia 3310, amongst other models they released, The nokia was the start of a new style of more intelligent phones and with the famous game of Snake, surely every one once owned a Nokia phone.
9. The Walk man – Letting you listen to cassettes on the move’s, who can ever forget having to turn round the cassette when it got to the end.
11. The playstation 1 – The first in the many to come of Sony’s first gaming console.
8 . The motorola StarTAC, the first phone to have a flip design, nothing said you was cooler in the 90s then flipping your phone open.
7. The PILOT organiser, you could say this was the start of the tablet, mainly used to organise meetings and store phone numbers. If you owned one of these you will surely admit it was nothing more then a gadget to look important.
6. The Apple Mac. Aka Macintosh. Apple’s most powerful entrance in to the market feature a PC that was also part of the monitor, averaging 31kg in weight at the time.
5. The CD Walkman , The next generation of walkmans letting you play cd’s on the go, but was nothing short of annoying every time you took a step…it would skip.
4. The scientific Calculator , allowing you to draw and plot graphs , exciting stuff ey…. Still around today.
3. The Game boy, The small handheld console you could take on the move.
2. The Talkboy, Loved by kids, hated by parents. Made famous by Home Alone II (best product placement ever?) the little gadget let you record and play back what you said.
1. The Tamagotchi, the small annoying cyber pet you could carry round in your pocket, challenging your friends to see how long you could keep your pet alive for.